6 Email List Building Rules To Abide ByBy
There are some very important email list building rules to know and use in order to build what should be the most valuable asset of any information marketer’s business. Once you have built an email list that you have cultivated to the point where the members trust you, feel a bond with you and will readily follow your recommendations, then it really is possible to use such a list as a cash point.
Yet to get to that position, you really have to be very disciplined and ensure you are using every rule to your advantage. Just a further point…an email list does not have to be huge to be financially worthwhile. Some of the most profitable lists are the ones where there may only be a few thousand, or even a few hundred, but where the members stay for a long period and trust you implicitly. Read on for the six rules that you can start using today…
- Prospect/Customer List Asset: This really is the best asset your online business can have, knowing that the list you have built now has a relationship with you and even feels that they must continue to rely on your for their information. Add in trust and it is a very attractive financial position to be in.
- Don’t Sell Sell Sell: There is nothing worse than continually to receive email after email from online marketers who keep pushing the latest “must have” secret or solution. They are not trying to build a relationship with their email list members, all they are interested in is the sale. And the problem they encounter is that they keep having to top up their list with new prospects as there will be a high unsubscribe rate.
- Use More Than One List Building Source: Don’t ever rely on just one source of targeted traffic arriving on your opt in page. There are many ways to attract such traffic such as blog posts, online articles, press releases, audios, videos, comments left on group pages and forums plus also using social media in specific ways. Different parts of your target market will be located in different platforms around the internet so it is the information marketer’s job to go and hunt them down.
- Test, Test And Test Again: Don’t make the mistake of creating one landing page or sign up box and leave it there for ever more. You have to test different types including using different wording, images and placement on the page. It can sometimes come down to changing one word that makes the sign up rate skyrocket. And don’t neglect to track your results to find what set up is the most optimum for you.
- Don’t Buy Optins: These are email addresses that are offered for sale. These lists are cold, don’t know who you are and are a waste of money. Avoid them.
- Use Social Media: This can be very effective if used to raise your profile, generate a conversation and get those who have shown an interest in you to seek out further information. This is not to be used for selling!
So there are the six email list building rules to abide by to create for your information marketing business an ever expanding email list filled with prospects that want to receive more information from you and are interested in learning from you. These make the ideal customers…but it does take time and effort to get to the stage where a recommendation from you will result in a whole load of sales.
To get to that nirvana stage is a whole lot easier if you follow the help and guidance given to you when you sign up to New Power List Building, the number one course for how to build a highly responsive email list fast. You can get access to a free online training video and report by going to email list building rules